Theresa B. O’Brien is admitted to practice in the States of Ohio, West Virginia and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. She is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Mrs. O’Brien concentrates her practice in the areas of corporate and civil litigation. The types of cases she handles on a regular basis include:
- Injuries caused by products in the marketplace, including both minor and catastrophic injuries, and economic losses
- Matters involving occupational injuries in all industries
- Premises liability matters
- Contract disputes between homeowners and contractors and between businesses
- Construction site injuries, both minor and catastrophic, including accidents within construction zones
Mrs. O’Brien also handles litigation on behalf of small businesses, including contract disputes, corporate formation and compliance, and mergers and acquisitions.
Mrs. O’Brien graduated from John Carroll University in 1991, cum laude, with a B.S. in Economics and a B.A. in Political Science. She received her J.D. from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 1994, cum laude. Mrs. O’Brien was the Research Editor for the Cleveland State University Journal of Law and Health, 1993-1994.
Mrs. O’Brien is involved in the Heather Twig Auxiliary of the Trinity Health System, a charitable auxiliary in Southeastern Ohio, for which she currently serves as Secretary.