Theresa brings more than 20 years of corporate and civil litigation experience to the table. She is admitted to practice in the States of Ohio, West Virginia and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. She is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
The types of cases she handles on a regular basis include:
- Injuries caused by products in the marketplace, including both minor and catastrophic injuries, and economic losses
- Matters involving occupational injuries in all industries
- Premises liability matters
- Contract disputes between homeowners and contractors and between businesses
- Construction site injuries, both minor and catastrophic, including accidents within construction zones
- She also handles litigation on behalf of small businesses, including contract disputes, corporate formation and compliance, and mergers and acquisitions.
Theresa graduated from John Carroll University in 1991, cum laude, with a B.S. in Economics and a B.A. in Political Science. She received her J.D. from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 1994, cum laude. Mrs. O’Brien was the Research Editor for the Cleveland State University Journal of Law and Health, 1993-1994.
She is also involved in the Heather Twig Auxiliary of the Trinity Health System, a charitable auxiliary in Southeastern Ohio, for which she currently serves as Secretary.